M.A. Driving School is DOL approved for license testing to administer the written knowledge test.
You may take the written knowledge test at our school and the drive skills test at ANY driving school that offers it. Passing these two tests is required in order to obtain a WA driver's license. Your test score will be electronically submitted into the DOL database within 24 hours. Once this information is received by the DOL, you can visit any WA DOL location to obtain your license.
Step 1: Pre-Apply Online
You must pre-apply online with the DOL at https://secure.dol.wa.gov/home/ to obtain a Personal Identification Code (PIC#). If you already have a Washington ID Card Number, Driver Permit Number, and Washington Driver License Number you do not need to pre-apply.
Step 2: Pass the Knowledge Test
The written knowledge test consists of 40 multiple-choice questions about traffic safety laws. You must answer at least 32 questions correctly in order to pass the test. The test is available in English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Vietnamese, and Spanish.
You must provide the following when you arrive for testing:
- A government-issued ID with your photo or legal proof of your identity. If you do not have a government-issued ID, please click here for more information prior to testing. School ASB cards are not accepted as photo ID however, a school yearbook photo is acceptable.
- Personal Identification Code (PIC), Washington ID Card Number, Driver Permit Number, or Washington Driver License Number
The knowledge testing fee is $30 cash/check, $30.75 credit. This fee is good for two attempts and payment is required at the time of testing. Due to DOL proof of ID requirements, payment must be made in person.
No appt is necessary. The last test is given 30 minutes prior to the close of testing hours.
- Mondays: 10:00 AM - Noon and 3:45PM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesdays - Fridays: 10:00 AM - Noon
- Closed weekends
- No testing on May 28 & May 31